with Guacamole and Sour ‘Cream’ Yogurt
This recipe is so mind-blowingly easy and simple make, ANYONE can make it. And you can load them up with so many awesome veggies to make you feel amazing. You just take your tortilla wrap, brush with oil and spices, whack it in the oven, top with veggies and whack under the grill before scoffing the lot! One of my favourite things to do is eat every scrap straight from the tray, but you could share them if you are feeling particularly generous. I also love to get a veggie of every colour in because more colour means a bigger variety of nutrients. Tomato, pepper, sweetcorn, vegan cheese, spring onion, chilli flakes and coriander loaded onto crispy tortilla chips, dunked into fresh guacamole and sour cream coconut yogurt. Proper plant-based nacho heaven. There are a lot of different ingredients, but they’re not called loaded for nothing! You’ve got to give these a go guys!
Serves 1 as a main, 2-3 as a side
For the Tortilla Chips
1 Tortilla wrap (use gluten-free if desired)
1 tbsp Olive oil
¼ tsp smoked paprika, optional
½ tsp dried herbs, optional
Salt and pepper
1 large tomato, finely diced
Few tbsp sweetcorn (from a tin)
2 Spring onions, chopped
½ Pepper, roughly chopped
Sprinkle of vegan cheese, grated
Leftover roasted veg, optional (I like sweet potato)
Sprinkle of chilli flakes
½ handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped
Anything else you like!
For the Guac
3 Cherry Tomatoes
1 Spring onion
Few leaves of fresh Coriander
A good squeeze of lime juice
Few pinches of cayenne pepper
Salt and black pepper
For the sour ‘cream’
3 heaped tbsp Coconut yogurt
Juice of ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180 C fan.
- To make the tortilla chips mix the oil with some salt and pepper and also the paprika and herbs if you’re using them.
- Brush both sides of the wrap with the oil and cut evenly into triangles. 8-12 triangles depending on how big you like them.
- Place flat on a baking tray (I like to arrange in a circle on a pizza tray) and bake in the oven for 8 – 10 minutes until crisp and golden.
- While that bakes you can make the other components. Make the guac by mashing the avo with a fork and finely chopping the tomatoes, spring onion and coriander.
- Add to a bowl with the avo and squeeze over lime juice, add the cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper. Mix everything together until combined.
- For the sour cream, put the coconut yogurt in a small bowl and add the lemon juice a bit at a time, tasting as you go so it’s the preferred sour-ness for you.
- Heat up the grill on high while you prepare your toppings and begin piling them up on top of your tortilla chips.
- Grill for 5 minutes until the cheese has melted and is looking and smelling lush!
- Remove from the grill, spoon the guac in the centre (or in a small separate dish) and dollop over the sour ‘cream’ yogurt.
- Prepare to enter nacho heaven and enjoy!
You could also serve this with my Fresh Tomato Salsa too!
The perfect Mexican side to share with friends and family. Or to have all to yourself straight from the tray!